Dec 30, 2015

Online historical sewing courses

So.... working from home means I need to think long term about what I am (not) earning and how to pay the mortgage off and save for working holidays and professional sewing & millinery workshops. I've been thinking about online historical sewing courses - is anybody interested? How much would you be prepared to pay to have me virtually side-by-side with you making your next outfit? Would you like one-to-one or a forum for a group of registered learners to chat and share knowledge? And what would you like to learn from me? It could be anything from Renaissance onwards.... 

See some of my recent sewing projects at https://www.facebook.com/AylwenGarden, the latest is an Elizabethan Gentleman's outfit inspired by this image.


3 comments:

Steely said...

Hi, I'd be interested! I wonder if you have seen the Craftsy website (http://www.craftsy.com). There are lots of courses on there and it might give you some ideas about pricing. They are priced by complexity really, so a sew along for a complete garment is more expensive than, say a short course on a particular technique. Craftsy has plenty of users, but I don't know how easy it is to get one of your courses up and running on there. The Burda website has some courses too. These are a little more expensive, but may give you an idea of pricing. I'm interested in the regency period (mostly as I am interested in attending a local event which is for this period).

Aylwen said...

Thanks for these ideas - I hadn't thought of them. I will have to wait until I return from our overseas tour mid year before I can start planning so it will be 2017 before I can start. I am teaching at Jane Austen Festival Australia in April http://www.janeaustenfestival.com.au and at the Internationale Barocktanztage in Potsdam mit Mittsommernachtsball https://www.facebook.com/events/1083421531691214/ .

Bev Newman said...

I would be interested too, especially in a beginners level course to get me started as am fumbling around at the moment and hoping for the best.

$0 Web Hosting

Total Page Views